If you're seeing the following error while authenticating a Microsoft account:
The client secret for your Azure application has expired.
Please renew the client secret in the Azure Directory and try again
It indicates that your Microsoft Azure Client Secret associated with your Nylas application has expired. The client secret is a key piece of information for your Azure Application to connect with Nylas. It's crucial to ensure that it is up-to-date for the seamless operation of any Microsoft accounts connected through token authentication, such as Office 365 accounts.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps outlined below, which are also available in the official Microsoft Documentation
1. Log in to the Azure portal.
2. Search for "Azure Active Directory" in the search box at the top.
3. Navigate to "App registrations" and select your application.
4. In the left-hand menu, click on "Certificates & secrets."
5. Click on "New client secret."
6. Add a description for the secret, choose an expiry duration, and click "Add."
7. Make a note of the value of the client secret - this is your new client secret.
Updating the Client Secret in Nylas
After renewing the client secret on the Azure side, please also update this new secret in the Nylas Dashboard and in your code where required:
1. Navigate to the Nylas Dashboard.
2. Navigate to your application > App Settings > Authentications > update the Microsoft Azure Client Secret with the newly generated secret. See Add Add Client Id and Client Secret to Nylas
3. Save the changes.
4. Update the secret in your application's code where necessary and ensure that your application is restarted or redeployed with the updated secret.
If you encounter any difficulties or require further assistance, don't hesitate to contact our support team.