Audience: Application owners, Nylas customers, wishing to assist their customers with with IMAP troubleshooting.
Summary: The support staff have visibility of the IMAP tests the customer runs, without needing Nylas involvement.
How: Nylas generates a support ticket and customised IMAP test URL for the end user. When they Submit the test result, the results are shared with the application owner.
- Customer reaches out to yourself, you have their email address
- Confirm e-mail address is IMAP using mxlookup
- Create a support ticket with the subject IMAP TEST Nylas, DO NOT include customer
- You will receive a customised response similar to the one below:
SAMPLE In order to assist in resolving your IMAP issues, please use the test we have built below. Please ensure you follow your providers suggested settings, they typically provide a selection of ports, please try both.
Once you have tried to connect SAMPLE using the provider's values please submit the results using the button in the lower right, this allows us to review the results.
If a test succeeds use those values in the Generic IMAP provider option, if neither succeeds please reply back to us for further assistance.
For more details, or if the application is in the EU please see https://support.nylas.com/hc/
- Forward to the customer
- Every time they submit the test results you will receive the results, as a response in the support ticket.
- The customer and yourself can try options until you have success. Ensure the customer uses the values in RED below to login to your application once all the ticks are GREEN