This error message usually occurs when the request is not properly formatted or Office365 can't perform this authentication. It could be due to a number of reasons such as incorrect credentials, incorrect URL or parameters, or an expired token.
Couldn't exchange OAuth code for a Microsoft refresh token. Provider error: invalid_grant, error description: AADSTS9002313: Invalid request. Request is malformed or invalid. Trace ID: <TRACE_ID> Correlation ID: <CORRELATION_ID> Timestamp: <TIMESTAMP>, error status code: 400
Endpoint / Log:
- Returns during authentication flow, Auth Logs, and application API logs found on the Nylas Dashboard
- Some information in the authentication proposal was incorrect.
- This mailbox doesn't support this authentication method.
- The user is authenticating with their mailbox's UserPrincipleName instead of their Mail value.
- If this mailbox is a Microsoft Free or Family account, they need to use the Outlook provider instead.
- If this mailbox is a Microsoft Business or School account and they don't have a paid license, they will get this error and are unable to use Nylas until they pay for a Microsoft Office365 license.
- Check your credentials and ensure that they are correct.
- If the user MUST authenticate with their UserPrincipleName and can't use their Mail value, see https://nylas.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/10115770114717/en-us?brand_id=446347
- Check the URL and parameters you are using.
- Ensure that your token has not expired.
- Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
- Try using a private session or incognito window.
- Ensure to start the authentication flow from the beginning each time as each proposal is unique. If you bookmark the login page, make sure it doesn't contain any proposal ids.
- Try using a different browser.