When an object has been deleted you will receive a 404 response.
The typical workflow is:
- Customer deletes object on provider or via API
- Message moved to Trash folder on provider. Webhook message.updated webhook sent
- Depending on policy on the provider or the next action this is either
- Default: kept for 30 days then deleted
- Instantly deleted
- If you make a request to fetch the object and it returns a 404, this means it has been deleted by the provider.
message.deleted webhook. This information is not valuable to the developer, it would generate over 60% of the webhooks received. Assume a 404 response is a deleted object.