Your booking slots may not start at the beginning of the
The reason for this is based on how we calculate the time slots. Nylas attempts to maximize the number of time slots available for the entire day before overlaying opening hours. This helps facilitate schedulers with multiple users and differing
How scheduler time slots work out of the box:
- 9:00 open hours with 60min meeting - 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, …
- 8:30 open hours with 60min meeting - 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, …
- 8:15 open hours with 60min meeting - 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, …
interval_minutes allows the following:
- 9:00 open hours with 60min meeting, 60min interval - 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, …
- 8:30 open hours with 60min meeting, 30min interval - 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, …
- 8:15 open hours with 60min meeting, 15min interval - 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 9:00, …
The solution is to use
[booking][interval_minutes]: 30 or 15, when creating / editing the scheduler via the pages endpoint to tweak the starting time slot to align with the open hours.
interval_minutes does have some caveats to be aware of
- This option is currently only available via the API, not the Scheduler editor.
- If you have open hours from 8:30-10:30 with
duration_minutes:60then you will have time slots showing 8:30, 9:00, 9:30. This configuration has the potential to book a maximum of two time slots (8:30 and 9:30), but if a user books the 9:00 time slot, which would create a busy event from 9:00-10:00, then both the 8:30 and the 9:30 slots will no longer show since they are no longer available.
We are working on adding this to our documentation, additionally the product team are looking to integrate these options into the scheduler UI editor.
Customers have implement this using the following methods:
- When a customer visits the scheduler editor (track via your application) fetch all
/manage/pagesand add interval_minutes
- Periodically add interval_minutes via scheduled task
Please sign in to leave a comment.